Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Elaine Korngold and I offer individual adult therapy and couples counseling in SW Portland, Oregon (West Slope, near Beaverton). I love to do research in my specialty areas – financial therapy, career counseling, couples counseling, brainspotting, parenting, internet addiction, immigration trauma, sports counseling, and life transitions – and I post links to articles that you may also find interesting. Enjoy!
Posts by Specialty
- Career & ADHD Counseling: a time management tool Ti-Mandi
- Life Transitions, Grief Counseling: mourning with meals
- Financial Therapy: compound interest
- Brainspotting: stress shrinks the brain
- Brainspotting: psychological injuries cause physical illness
- Financial Therapy: a plan for financial independence
- Couples Counseling, Relationships: attachment style and dating
- Couples Counseling: 36 questions to spark intimacy
- Brainspotting: understanding natural trauma response helps reframe our narrative
- Career Counseling: Mac’s List – Portland’s new resource
- Financial Therapy: the middle-class crunch
- Couples, Relationships: what is your attachment style?