I am a therapist with strong intuition and diverse experiences. I work with adults in supportive and creative ways. Together, we develop practical, creative, and immediate solutions that build on your unique strengths and move you closer towards your goals. The issues we can address include dealing with traumatic stress, money issues, career and work challenges, ADHD struggles, difficulties with life transitions, parenting, or relationships, addictions, immigration-related adjustments, or sports performance issues.
I hold a Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I have completed the following specialized post-graduate training:
- Certified Brainspotting Therapist
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Gottman Method – Treating Trauma and Affairs
- Gottman Method – Treating Couples in Addiction Recovery
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy / Parts Work:
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation – with Dr. Janina Fisher
- Internal Family Systems Step by Step – with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- Treating Complex Trauma with Internal Family Systems – with Dr. Frank Anderson
- Partspotting – an implicit approach to Parts Work covered in Brainspotting Phase 3 – with Dr. David Grand
- Internal Family Systems: Stepping Stones – with Derek Scott (in progress, Fall 2020)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Adult ADHD
- SMART Recovery facilitating
- Problem Gambling Treatment in Oregon
I am a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Oregon. In my private practice, I integrate Brainspotting therapy with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy, with Somatic techniques and principles from Neuroscience.
Who Am I Really
I enjoy getting to know people and building deep and meaningful relationships. My clinical experiences with individual adults and couples include treating trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, addiction, grief, ADHD, immigration and acculturation challenges, financial struggles, career exploration, and relationship issues.
Prior to becoming a counselor, I had a successful management and technology career in the financial, IT, healthcare, academic, and automotive sectors. My previous job titles included: programmer-analyst, software developer, systems engineer, research scientist, business analyst, product manager, project manager, and a certified scrum master. My Bachelor’s degree was in Computer Science and my previous Master’s degrees were in Computer Engineering and in Business Administration. I have lived in Europe, on the East Coast of the US, and in the Midwest, but I consider myself an Oregonian because I have lived in Oregon the longest. Outside of counseling and doing psychotherapy research for fun, you will find me reading voraciously, playing outdoors, practicing Pilates, and spending time with my amazing family and friends.
I am excited to report that my workshop proposal “The Uses of Brainspotting in Financial Therapy and Career Counseling” has been accepted for the 2021 International Brainspotting Conference.