I am a psychotherapist with strong intuition and diverse experiences. I work with adults in supportive and creative ways. Together, we develop practical, creative, and immediate solutions that build on your unique strengths and move you closer towards your goals. The issues we can address include dealing with traumatic stress, money issues, career and work challenges, ADHD struggles, difficulties with life transitions, parenting, or relationships, addictions, immigration-related adjustments, or sports performance issues.
I am a National Certified Counselor (NCC), a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Oregon, a Certified Brainspotting Therapist and Consultant, an IFS Therapist, a trauma therapist, and a Certified ADHD Clinical Services Provider. In my private practice, I integrate Brainspotting therapy with Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy, adding elements of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Attachment Theory, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and principles from Neuroscience.
I hold a Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. My post-graduate training includes:
- Certified Brainspotting Therapist and Consultant
- Brainspotting Consultant Training – with Dr. Martha Jacobi
- Brainspotting Therapy – Phases 1, 2; and Phases 3, 4 – with Dr. David Grand
- Brainspotting Therapy for Addiction – with Dr. Roby Abeles
- Brainspotting and Substance Abuse – with Jeff Ryan
- Brainspotting for Sports Performance, Injury Resolution, and Brain Health Optimization – with Paige Roberts
- Brainspotting and OCD – with Dr. Pie Frey
- Presenter (and Attendee) at the 2021 International Brainspotting Conference
- Brainspotting & Parts Work – assisted with new specialty training
Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy
- IFS Therapist, Certification in progress
- Internal Family Systems Level 1 – with Chris Burris. A comprehensive 6-months long training with practicums.
- IFS Trauma: Releasing Personal and Legacy Burdens – with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- IFS Continuity 2022 Program:
- The Art of Negotiation in IFS Sessions – Challenging Protectors and Workable Agreements
- IFS Perspectives on Families Affected By Autism
- Internal Family Systems: Stepping Stones – with Derek Scott
- Internal Family Systems Step by Step – with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- Treating Complex Trauma with Internal Family Systems – with Dr. Frank Anderson
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation – with Dr. Janina Fisher
- What IFS Therapists Should Know About Trauma – with Dr. Janina Fisher
- Partspotting – an implicit approach to Parts Work covered in Brainspotting Phase 3 – with Dr. David Grand
- IFS and Chronic Pain – with Dr. Richard Schwartz and Derek Scott
- IFS: Releasing the Legacy of Shame – with Kay Gardner and Derek Scott
- The Farther Reaches of IFS: Unattached Burdens & Guides – with Robert Falconer
- IFS and Addiction: Working with Chronic Firefighters – with Robert Falconer
- Befriending Difficult Protectors in IFS Therapy – with Mike Elkin
Certified Clinical Trauma Professional – Level 1 (CCTP)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), an evidence-based treatment approach
- Dissociation 101; Dissociative Disorder and the Normalcy of Fragmentation
- How to Work With Clients in Dorsal Vagal Collapse and Freeze States – with Dr. Roby Abeles
- Complex Trauma Certification – Level 2 (CCTP-II) – with Dr. Janina Fisher – in progress
- Treating complex trauma and dissociative disorders using Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Neurodiversity Affirmative Therapy
- Certified ADHD Clinical Services Provider (ADHD-CCPS): Evidence-Based Strategies for Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Adult ADHD
- Challenging Myths about Autism: What Assessors and Therapists Need to Know – with Dr. Joel Schwartz
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: What Every Clinician Needs to Know – with Dr. Theresa Regan
- Autism in Females: Overlooked & Underserved – with Dr. Theresa Regan
- Demystifying Autism Spectrum Disorder Screening: For Masters and Doctoral Level Clinicians – with Dr. Leslie Carter
- Gottman Method – Levels 1, 2, and 3 – with Dr. Jack Crossen
- Gottman Method – Treating Trauma and Affairs – with Drs. John and Julie Gottman
- Gottman Method – Treating Couples in Addiction Recovery – with Dr. Robert Navarra
- I taught a workshop “Therapy Approaches for Autistics and ADHDers” to college counselors in California in 2022.
- I presented “The Uses of Brainspotting in Financial Therapy and Career Counseling” at the 2021 International Brainspotting Conference.
- I was interviewed and featured in an article about Financial Therapy in a national magazine “Counseling Today” in April 2021
Who Am I Really
I enjoy getting to know people and building deep and meaningful relationships. My clinical experiences with individual adults and couples include treating trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, ADHD and Autism-related issues, grief, immigration and acculturation challenges, financial struggles, career exploration, and relationship issues.
Prior to becoming a psychotherapist, I had a successful management and technology career in the financial, IT, healthcare, academic, and automotive sectors. My previous job titles included: programmer-analyst, software developer, systems engineer, research scientist, business analyst, product manager, project manager, and a certified scrum master. My Bachelor’s degree was in Computer Science and my previous Master’s degrees were in Computer Engineering and in Business Administration. I have lived in Europe, on the East Coast of the US, and in the Midwest, but I consider myself an Oregonian because I have lived in Oregon the longest. Outside of practicing counseling and doing psychotherapy research for fun, you will find me reading voraciously, playing outdoors, swimming laps, or spending time with my amazing family and friends.